Saturday, January 15, 2011

Watching Pounds Go By...

I'm a weight watcher, I'm a weight watcher...
Watchin' pounds go by, hey, my my
I'm a weight watcher, I'm a weight watcher...
Here goes one now


Not sure if you all remember the song "I'm a girl watcher"(it's an oldie), but the words above are to the tune of that. My sister and I love to make up songs, well change their words. When I first did Weight Watchers several years ago, we came up with the little jig. I just recently rejoined Weight Watchers and remembered our little song, and it made me smile. I re-joined on Dec. 20th. I try to weigh in on Sat mornings. This week I lost 2.4, so that brings my total to 6.4. I can't tell you how happy I am about this! It has been a struggle for me to lose since Carson (now 2). Last year I started working really hard with a trainer, and it took me months to lose 8 pounds. Granted, I was more tone, but the weight would not go anywhere! Anyway, then I got preggo with Caroline so more weight was added on. About 9 years ago(so hard to believe), I met my lifetime weight goal, but blew my maintenance. = ( I would love to see that weight again, but do realize I may have to set a different lifetime goal now that I am a mom of 3, and in my 30's. I am ok with this. Of course I want to get to pre-pregnancy weight, but my first goal is 11 pounds. I am on the right track...5 more to go! I plan on running a 10 mile race on May 1st, so training for that should help the pounds go by a little faster. = ) I figured if I blog about my weight loss journey, maybe there will be some accountability. SO hold me accountable faithful readers!! = )

I Corinthians 10:31 “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (ESV).

2 comments:

  1. yeah!!!! congrats friend and keep up the good work! i can't wait to be working on this together!! (and maybe a race training as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking that I need a weight loss accountability partner. I don't have times for meetings, but I think having a partner might help. A blog will work, and of course others could join us, but I might need a phone call occasionally. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete